Subluxation refers to when a joint doesn’t work the way it is supposed to work. A subluxation causes numbness, pain, and tingling in the affected joint. An example is a shoulder subluxation that is the partial dislocation of the shoulder joint. At Maryland Farms Chiropractic in Brentwood, TN, we provide treatment for subluxations and other conditions.
Symptoms of Subluxation
Symptoms can be hard to detect at times, since subluxations are internal injuries. The different types of subluxations include vertebral subluxation, shoulder subluxation, patellar subluxation, and elbow subluxation. Pain and discomfort in the affected joint should alert you of a possible subluxation. Other common symptoms include:
- Pain around the injured joint
- Numbness in the affected joint
- Trouble moving the joint
- The sensation of the joint being unstable
- Visible deformed joint
Causes of Subluxation
- Repetitive motion can cause injury to the joints.
- Trauma, such as accidents and injuries, can injure the shoulders and damage the other structures that provide stability.
- Contact sports can lead to sports injuries that affect your joints. Sports that involve falling, such as gymnastics, are also a factor for subluxation.
- Strokes cause muscle weakness. Muscle weakness leads to destabilization of support structures in the joints, leading to subluxation.
- Injuries caused by hyperextension of the affected joint
Treatment of Subluxation
Treatment can be as simple as home remedies, such as stretching and resting. However, it is important to get a diagnosis, so any underlying conditions do not go unnoticed. When you visit our chiropractor, she will look for the root cause of your pain. After a diagnosis, we will create a personalized treatment plan for you. We may suggest a variety of treatment options. Ice application reduces inflammation on the affected joints and reduces pain. We might also use chiropractic adjustments and manipulations. We also offer massage therapy, rehabilitative exercises, lifestyle advice, and more. We will get you back to living a pain-free life.
Schedule an Appointment for Chiropractic Care in Brentwood, TN
If you are suffering from a subluxation, don’t wait to get treatment. At Maryland Farms Chiropractic in Brentwood, TN, we have skilled and professional experts who will diagnose you and offer you quality treatment. Call us today to schedule your appointment.