Headache Relief with our Brentwood Chiropractor at Maryland Farms Chiropractic
Just about anyone can get a headache from time to time, but for some of us, these are a more frequent cause of distress and dysfunction. Our chiropractor in Brentwood spends a lot of time with patients struggling with headaches and offers customized and compassionate care that's completely drug-free.
Common Types of Headaches & Their Causes
A headache is a relatively broad term for pain and discomfort in the head. There are several different varieties, all of which can respond positively to chiropractic care:
- Tension headaches: typically brought on by stress and/or poor posture, tension headaches have mild to moderate dull pain in the front, back, or side of the head. Neck and shoulder stiffness and achiness are also common.
- Cluster headaches: these are more severe headaches which occur in a series lasting up to weeks or months, with each individual headache lasting upwards of 2 to 3 hours. They can feel piercing and are usually just on one side of the head or face; it's not clear what causes them.
- Migraine headaches: more common in women, migraines are severe pounding or throbbing headaches associated with debilitating symptoms like nausea, vomiting, light sensitivity, blurry vision, and other visual disturbances. They tend to run in families and can be triggered by things like changing weather, diet, and stress. Again, it's not entirely clear what causes migraines, but theories include constriction/dilation of cerebral blood vessels and neurologically-mediated responses.
Headaches can also be considered secondary, which is an effect or symptom of some other underlying condition. These include pregnancy, low blood sugar, dehydration, sinus inflammation, hypertension, excessive caffeine (or a sudden cessation of caffeine intake), physical exertion (e.g., exercise, sex), and allergies.
How Our Nashville and Brentwood Chiropractor Treats & Prevents Headaches
Many of our services here at Maryland Farms Chiropractic are helpful not only reducing the severity of a person's headaches, but also their frequency. Our Brentwood chiropractor can provide drug-free treatments such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments, to realign the spine and reduce pain signal intensity within the nervous system
- Massage therapy, to relieve tension on muscles in the head, neck, and shoulder region and promote healing, stress-relieving blood flow
- Lifestyle and nutritional counseling to help you learn what environmental triggers to avoid
Contact Our Brentwood and Nashville Chiropractor for Natural Care & Headache Pain Relief
If you live in the Nashville TN area and are looking for natural relief from your headache or some other health condition, contact us today at 615-309-8279 to schedule an appointment with our Brentwood and Nashville chiropractor, Dr. Elizabeth Baker.