Chiropractic Care For Pregnant Women From Your Brentwood Chiropractor
Pregnancy is a time when many women feel sore, stiff and tired. Women also experience reduced immune function during pregnancy, leading to increased risk of illness. Chiropractic care can help. Using natural, gentle techniques, chiropractors help pregnant patients reduce their pain and improve their health throughout pregnancy.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Pregnant Women
There are many benefits of chiropractic care for pregnant women.
- Improved immunity. Chiropractic techniques like spinal adjustment help improve the functioning of the immune system by improving communication between the brain and the rest of the body.
- Reduced pain. Massage therapy, stretches and exercises and spinal adjustment help reduce patient back and neck pain.
- Improved strength. Stretches and exercises can help prepare women for labor by strengthening the muscles they will need to use when the time comes.
- Reduced anxiety. Gentle massage therapy can help lessen a woman's anxiety during the months of pregnancy, making it a more satisfying time overall.
Chiropractic Techniques For Pregnant Patients
At Maryland Farms Chiropractic, we use a variety of chiropractic techniques to help our pregnant patients stay healthy. The most important technique we use is called spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment involves realigning the spine to reduce pressure on the spinal cord and improve the functioning of the central nervous system. Not only does this technique reduce patient pain, but it also helps patients stay healthier during the nine months of pregnancy. Some adjustments can even help position the baby for labor, which can help reduce the risk of a Caesarian section.
Spinal adjustment is combined with other techniques to help meet the needs of pregnant patients. Other techniques we use include:
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy helps reduce muscle tension and improve blood flow.
- Stretches and exercises. We teach patients to do stretches and exercises that can help improve their flexibility and strength during the months of pregnancy.
- Lifestyle advice. We give helpful advice that can help women keep their bodies healthy and their babies safe during pregnancy.
Is Chiropractic Care Safe?
Chiropractic care is non-invasive and medication free, so it's safe for pregnant patients. Women can see their chiropractor throughout the months of pregnancy, from start to finish. Each treatment is tailored to the needs of the individual, and every spinal adjustment is made with the needs of the patient in mind.
Women who see the chiropractor throughout pregnancy often experience reduced labor times, fewer Caesarian section deliveries and reduced need for pain medications while the delivery is taking place.
Contact Your Brentwood Chiropractor For Pregnancy Chiropractic Care
As your Brentwood chiropractor, we're your source for pregnancy chiropractic care. At your first visit, we'll discuss your symptoms and treatment goals, and then we'll make a treatment plan that meets your needs. To make an appointment, contact us today at 615-309-8279.